Spring will be here soon and summer will be quick at its heels. The time is now to make sure your RV is ready for your summer vacation. Your insurance has to be at the top of your list to protect those you love, along with your physical assets.
Motorhomes must have liability insurance, according to state law. If you financed your RV, full insurance coverage is required; but if your recreation vehicle is paid for, full coverage is not always mandatory. It is important to keep in mind the value of your RV compared to the risk of loss in case of damage.
Rental RVs must also carry insurance coverage. The RV rental dealer will either provide insurance automatically or have it available for purchase. Checking with your own independent insurance agent can determine if your coverage will also carry over to an RV rental.
Insurance comes in different forms. Don't just stop at RV coverage. Another form of insurance includes developing a safety checklist and following it before every outing in your RV.
After a long, cold winter, your RV was most likely in storage mode. Early spring is a great time to begin the process of readying your motor home for summer fun.
Here are some handy ideas to get your trailer, motorhome or fifth wheel road ready.
- Start with a thorough cleaning and inspection of the entire RV.
- Check records to make sure maintenance is up to date.
- Check engine and generator for proper fluid levels.
- Flush water heater and check the condition of the anode rod to see if it needs replacing.
- Flush out the freshwater and other holding tanks. Sanitize these tanks as well.
- Check the condition of the refrigerator.
- Change the oil and filter for the on-board generator.
- Make sure the house batteries are still viable and fluid levels are optimal.
- Perform an inspection of your air conditioning unit and furnace.
These are just a few, but necessary, maintenance duties you can perform on your RV before your fun in the sun.
We’ll help take care of your vehicle. Call Security First Insurance Agency at (810) 732-5800 for more information on Flint RV insurance.